Wednesday, June 24, 2009

"Dessert"


6”x6”
acrylic on masonite

This is my first painting of one of my favorite things, dessert. I rewarded myself with this lovely piece of pie on my very last day of school. Let us just say I really deserved it. Some people have a drink, I have a dessert. I still have a little way to go when it comes to capturing the perfection of whip cream, but I consider my painting a success. Actually I was completely intimidated by the glass plate more than anything else. Like many things in life, it is the small things that I fell in love with in this painting, like the way the light hits the chocolate loops at the top and how I was able to create the lime with a few simple brush strokes.
SOLD

2 comments:

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Looks yummy! Nice work.

Gwen Bell said...

Gorgeous light in this! The pie filling glows. Awesome. Love the way you portrayed the clear plate so well...not an easy thing to do. Your whipped cream looks yummy and I agree on your observations about the garnishes. This really is perfect. And now I'm hungry for pie. Thanks a lot! ;)