Monday, July 27, 2009

"Color Me Red"

5”x7”
acrylic on hardboard

I fell in love with a little painting called "Corn Poppy"at the Houston Museum of Art when I was in high school. Every trip to the museum ended with a visit to this painting. I hadn’t realized how influential that this painting, “Corn Poppy” by Kees Van Dongen had been to me until I sat "Color Me Red” next to my journal which had a print of "Corn Poppy" glued to it's cover. I gave this painting as a gift to my wonderful Art Education Directer that recently retired.

3 comments:

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Lovely work here on your blog! I especially like this piece.

Lauren Maurer said...

Nice job! I love the glass!

catzilla said...

Love your work, but have a special fondness for the sunflowers. You've done a masterful job with them and the two glass vases! Thanks for sharing and inspiring.