Saturday, September 17, 2011

"The Boys"

8"x10
acrylic hardboard

I completed this painting a long time ago but just realized I never posted it.  I thought I should post it before my style of painting completely changed.  I recently looked over my body of work for the last three years and realized how much I have grown as a painter.  I was pleasently surprised but I shouldn't have been, you do something long enough, you naturally get better at it.   These two are twin brothers.  I painted their portraits for a colleague (their father) who wanted to give the portrait as Christmas gift.  He loved the painting so much after I finished it that I'm not sure he parted with it.  I never thought of the two brothers as anything but identical twins until I painted them.  I could see so many difference's between the two's appearance when I was forced to take a closer look. 

No comments: