Sunday, August 10, 2014

"Ladies in Gray"


12 x 16
acrylic on hardboard
My aunt, seen here on the right, is what I call a wonder woman.  She raised seven children while working full time, and upon retiring opened and runs her own bakery. She created my wedding cake, which was gorgeous.

Every year my aunt, organizes a musical for her church.  This musical brings people in from all around this big state of Texas.  This year the women all wore gray.

It had been so long since I had been a part of their annual musical.  I was in high school the last time I participated.  I asked my parents whom are loyal participants,  how many people belong to my aunt's church now.  My parents thought for a few minutes before offering..."Not many."  My mother began counting each couple and the pastor and his wife finishing at the number eight.  "Are you sure I asked?" I was reminded that they live in a rural community.
SOLD

3 comments:

PoetessWug said...

Your painting is gorgeous! The hats reminded me of my relatives, and 'Sunday-Go-To-Meeting-Clothes' in Georgia. ^_^

suzanneberry said...

so wonderful Felicia. so puts me in mind of a Sunday long long ago. beautifully done!

Joe Hagarty said...

I can see why it sold. Great work.